Yes you read it right! Make money on spending money!
I'm a stay-at-home-mom, couponing for 3 years. Saving money is one of my passions. I have saved my family a LOT of money from using coupons and hunting great deals. Little did I know, you can save more or even make money from buying groceries. All you need is to add these FREE apps to your smartphones. I have used (still using) and tested them, so yes they're all legit! I've been using this apps for at least a year, and I have been paid by all of them.
You only need 3 things:
- Your smartphone: you need to download the applications (apps) needed for this to work. This should be available on both Androids and Apple phones.
- Your time: depending on how you'll get used to the process, it would only take 2 minutes the most.
- Your grocery receipt/s.
Redeem rebates from new products or items that are already on your grocery lists with Ibotta. Lists of stores that participate with this program are under the "Grocery" category.
- Browse through the offers.
- Unlock the rebate amounts by completing some steps; it may consist of "Learn a Fact"-which will just give you more information or trivia about the product, or "Testify"-where it would just ask you random questions or something about the product, or "Share"-which would ask you to share the product via Twitter or Facebook, or simply just by watching a video.
- Buy the products at your grocery store. You can double check if you have the right product by tapping the square icon on top right corner to "Check Product" by scanning the barcode.
- Tap "Redeem", the check icon in the center. Verify purchases by scanning the barcodes of the products on your shopping list. Take a picture of your receipt from top to bottom.
And you're done! You get your money within 24 hours, in my experience it only takes minutes. This is my first favorite coupon app, as you can see, I have redeemed $210.00 already as of today, Sept 19, 2014. More info here.
Payout method: Paypal, Gift cards for Starbucks, Regal Entertainment, iTunes.
#2 Checkout 51
This is an easy one! Every Thursday, Checkout51 has a new list offers. Pick the ones you like to purchase, buy it and upload your receipt. No barcode scanning needed. Once receipt is uploaded, you get your credit within a day. The good thing with Checkout51, they offer rebates on produce, stuff we buy every week! More info here.
Payout method: Check (I received my first check within 2 weeks.)
You can use your mobile app or view your account online. Their offers list usually resets every end of the month. You can earn rebates with this app by automatic credit, just register your grocery store's loyalty cards, like CVS, Rite Aid, Harris Teeter etc. on your account, and you can also scan your receipt if your store is not listed on their list.
- Browse through the offers and select the items you like or you know you'll buy.
- Buy the items on your shopping list. If unsure that you have the right product, you can always scan the barcode to check if the product qualifies. Always use your store loyalty card when checking out.
- Upload your receipt (if items bought are not from store that is not on their list).
Rebates usually posts within 2-22 days from stores with loyalty cards. Rebates from stores without loyalty cards usually post within a week, and you will get an email from them noting your receipt has been approved and your account has been credited. More info here.
Payout method: Paypal, Bank Account, Amazon gift card, or Donate
How about a free Lindt Chocolate bar as welcome offer if you use my referral code: GFGGYMPG.
- Browse through the offers and pick the ones you like to add to your shopping list.
- Check if the product qualifies by scanning the barcode, this is not needed, but the product's size can be confusing sometimes. I like to double check if I got the right item in my cart. Buy it.
- Tap "Request my rebate", it would ask you to scan the product's barcode and upload your receipt.
Rebates usually gets credited within 3-5 days.
Payout: None (you get your money as soon as receipt has been processed.
Payout method: Paypal
#5. Receipt Hog
Receipt Hog is the most easiest of all. All it ask is for you to upload your grocery receipts, and you'll get coins in return. The more receipts you upload, the more coins you accumulated to redeem for cash or Amazon gift card. You get additional coins if you see the green that says "Spin the Hog Slots". With the slots, you could win from 0-15. It might take a while before you can redeem cash, but hey it's free. My friends have save their coins and redeemed it once for $30. Yup, that's a long time!
This is probably my most neglected app, I only have 610 since I joined last January, and haven't cashed out any YET. More info here.
Payout: $5.00 = 1,000 coins
Payout method: Paypal
These apps has been a great life with my grocery shopping. And the good thing is you can you use these apps on top of using a coupon. Sometimes you get double or triple money back on an single item, if you use a coupon, and redeem for rebates on two or three of these apps! It happens often especially if a new season starts. So basically companies are paying you to get an item out off the store. Couponing rocks!
If you have any questions, just leave a comment, I'd be happy to help!