My family and I are big fans of Chick-Fil-A and proud to be a member for this year's Chick-fil-A mom panel group. This February, we have this challenge to upcycle their tortilla soup containers, I can't be anymore excited to share what we did with ours. Ideas are endless! Have you tried Chick-fil-A's tortilla soup yet? oh love it! For sometime, I've been re-using take-along containers from restaurants to start with. The chinese clear containers and Chick-fil-A's bowls are far my favorites. Their lids close very tight that it avoids spillage and keeps food fresh for a longer time, and most of all they are dishwasher and microwave safe.
For this DIY challenge, I decided to use it as succulents planter. The small size is perfect to hold a few variety in it and it just fits perfectly on my kitchen window sill.
You just need:
- Clean soup bowl container
- Succulent potting mix
- Nail & hammer
- Paint spray (optional)
- Paint spray the container and lid. Let it dry.
- Use a nail to make holes on bottom of container for drainage.
- Transfer succulents.
- Add potting mix if needed.
- Put the lid on the bottom of container as saucer.
- Display on an area with indirect sunlight.
There are many ways you can use the soup bowl containers.
- One would be to re-use it as a salad bowl for lunches.
- Re-use it as a toy container. The lid closes perfectly tight, so no worries on spills, and to word it right, toddler-proof. I used it for storing Legos and puzzles for my daughter. Perfect to get the boredom away especially of long road trips.
- Re-use as charger and cords storage.
Hope I inspired you on how to re-purpose and upcycle those Chick-fil-A tortilla soups. Don't toss them away after your meal, consider reusing them. Happy upcycling!